This offer has expired. Current offer is here.
Now through August 31, 2012, Virgin America is offering new Virgin America Visa Signature cardholders the opportunity to earn up to 25,000 bonus Elevate points in its frequent flyer program. This is an increase of 10,000 bonus Elevate points over the previous offer covered by TripBadger in an earlier post.
Score 25,000 bonus Elevate points:
- Apply for the Virgin America Visa Signature credit card by August 31, 2012.
- Earn 20,000 Elevate points after your first purchase with the new card.
- Earn up to an additional 5,000 points for balance transfers to your new card within the first 30 days as a cardmember (1 Elevate point for each $1 transferred).
ADVANTAGES of the Virgin America Visa Signature Card
- 20,000 Bonus Points after your first purchase now through August 31, 2012.
- $150 off a companion ticket every year.
- 10,000 Bonus Status Points after spending at least $25,000 in a calendar year.
- No blackout dates on any seat, at any time for reward flights.
- Up to 5,000 more Bonus Points with a balance transfer in the first 30 days (earn 1 point per dollar transferred up to a maximum of 5,000 points; a balance transfer fee will apply).
- Low introductory rate on balance transfers for the first 15 months after account opening.
DISADVANTAGES of Virgin America Visa Signature Card
- Unlike some offers, the annual fee is not waived in the first year though the value of the 20,000 bonus Elevate points more than makes up for this.
- Point redemptions on partner airlines Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia will incur substantial taxes and fees.
Using Elevate Points:
- One Way flights can be redeemed for as little as 2,500 points.
- The number of Elevate points required for Reward flights are based on the price of the ticket; Elevate points are worth a little over 2 cents each (which is good).
- You can redeem Elevate points for international trips with Virgin America’s partner airlines, including Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia.
- The points required varies and you still must pay the taxes and fees. For example, a round-trip economy ticket from Washington or New York to London can be redeemed for 15,000 points though taxes and fee of $650 will apply.
- Elevate points do not expire as long as you have earning or redemption activity at least once every 18 months.
- Annual: $49.
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%.
- $150 off a Companion fare every year. You will receive a $150 Virgin America Companion Ticket Discount Code each year. The companion must travel with a paid (published fare) traveler on the same itinerary. The travel must be purchased with the Virgin America Visa Signature card. Round-trip travel and advance 14 day purchase required.
- Deals and upgrades at world-class hotels, resorts & spas (subject to credit approval).
- Visa Signature Cardholder benefits, including 24/7 access to a concierge (800-953-7392), the Visa Signature Hotel Collection benefits, Year-End Summary Statements, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and more.