How to Status Match to United MileagePlus Premier Elite Status
United is once again running a promotion to match elite status held by travelers in its competitors’ frequent flyer programs.
Who is Eligible: All customers holding elite status on another airline (except Star Alliance airlines).
Who is Excluded: Customers who hold Star Alliance Silver and Gold Status with another airline and customers who participated in a OnePass or MileagePlus status match program within the last 5 years.
How to Status Match:
- Gather the following information:
- your MileagePlus account number;
- your name, complete current mailing address and e-mail address;
- and a copy of your most recent mileage summary or 2012 membership card that clearly identifies your current elite level in the frequent flyer program you are matching from)
- Fill out the form located on this page of United’s website
United will match your status for a 90 day period. To keep your status, you need to fly the following miles or segments within the 90 day period:
- Premier Silver Status Match – Fly 7,000 qualifying flight miles or 8 flight segments to retain Premier Silver status;
- Premier Gold Status Match – Fly 12,500 qualifying flight miles or 15 flight segments to retain Premier Gold status; and
- Premier Platinum Status Match – Fly 18,000 qualifying flight miles or 22 flight segments to retain Premier Platinum status.
Upon completion of the 90 day mileage requirement, your elite status will last until January 31, 2015.
Full details of this offer are available on United’s page here.