Review of the United MileagePlus® Club Card
United has partnered with Chase to offer an additional card option alongside the United MileagePlus Explorer Card. The United MileagePlus® Club Card offers cardmembers access to United Clubs at airports, Premier Access priority airport services, free first and second checked bags, and no foreign transaction fees. New cardholders will receive a $100 statement credit (after first purchase).*
The annual fee for this card ($450) is actually lower than the cost of an annual United Club membership ($550 for general members), so applying for this card is an easy decision for those who already pay for United Club membership, especially considering all the additional benefits this card offers, including 1.5 miles per dollar on all purchases.
Other perks of the United Club card include President’s Circle level of membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program and and entitlement to cardmember-only benefits and amenities at more than 700 of the world’s finest hotels, resorts and spas. Visit LHRCollection.com for more information.
*This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (1) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (2) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.
Best Features of the United MileagePlus Explorer Card:
- Access for cardholder and eligible traveling companion to United Clubs and affiliated Star Alliance lounges at airports around the world.
- There are no restrictions or blackout dates. If seats are available for sale, they can be redeemed at the Standard Award level – a benefit reserved for Card members and MileagePlus Premier members. Plus pay no close-in award ticket booking fees.
- 1.5 miles per dollar on all purchases, 2 miles per dollar on United.
- United Premier Access priority airport services.
- Free first and second checked bags.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Chip-enabled card provides added security.
- Earn 1.5 award miles per dollar spent.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on United tickets.
- Use miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight.
- There are no restrictions or blackout dates. If seats are available for sale, they can be redeemed at the MileagePlus Standard Award level.
- MileagePlus miles do not expire for cardmembers.
- Cardmembers do not pay close-in booking fees for award tickets.
- Annual fee $450.
- No foreign transaction fees.
Other Card Features:
- Cardmembers are invited to join the President’s Circle level of membership in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® program.
- Visa Signature Cardholder benefits, including 24/7 access to a concierge, 90 days purchase protection due to theft or vandalism (up to $500/claim), the Visa Signature Hotel Collection benefits, Year-End Summary Statements, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and more.
- Travel protection, fraud protection, price and purchase protection.
- Dedicated 24/7 customer service.
- Cardmember-only benefits and amenities at more than 700 of the world’s finest hotels, resorts and spas.
- Access to exclusive Chase events.