Details on the American Express Platinum Card
American Express Platinum Benefits include Free Airport Club Access
The American Express Platinum Card ® is an exclusive lifestyle card that distinguishes itself with special benefits and perks that are unmatched by most charge or credit cards.
Platinum Amex cardholders receive airport lounge / club access to more than 800 airport clubs worldwide. Airport club access is available at all Delta Sky Clubs and Centurion Lounges, as well as independent contract airport lounges around the world through Priority Pass Select membership (which you can enroll in for free).
Platinum cardholders also are entitled to $200 annually in reimbursement of airline incidental charges such as checked bags, in-flight refreshments, and change fees.
You will earn 2 points (2x) per dollar on all travel booked through American Express and 1 point spent on everything else. You can easily transfer your points easily to the largest number of loyalty and frequent flyer programs, including Delta, British Airways, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hilton, Marriott, and Aeroplan (which allows you to redeem your points on any Star Alliance partner).
Finally, as a cardholder you are entitled to reimbursement of your Global Entry fee or TSA Pre-Check. Global Entry is a U.S. government program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers. When you use your Platinum Card to apply for Global Entry membership or TSA Pre-Check, American Express will reimburse the fee.
The annual fee is $450.
Advantages of the American Express Platinum Card:
- Airport club Access
- Ability to spend/transfer Your Points Easily to a Large Selection of Membership Rewards partners
- Reimbursement of $200 in airline incidental expenses
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
- Free credit for Global Entry fee or TSA Pre-Check
- Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status
- Car Rental Privileges: complimentary membership in premium car rental programs, including special upgrades and discounts
- 2 points per dollar on travel booked through American Express.
- Up additional points on purchases made though Membership Rewards.
- 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Book flights, hotels, cruises, and vacation packages; then pay for all or part of your trip with points at www.amextravel.com
- Use your points for gift cards and shopping through the Membership Rewards website.
- No blackout dates on travel rewards.
- Transfer Your Points Easily to a large selection of loyalty and frequent flyer programs. (fee applies)
- Annual: $450.
- Foreign transaction fee: None.
- Platinum Concierge service can help you make dinner reservations, shopping, tickets, and take care of your other requests, 24/7.
- Platinum Dining Program – helps secure reservations at over 1,000 acclaimed restaurants
- Savings on a companion ticket when you purchase a qualifying, full-fare First or Business-Class ticket for international travel through the Card’s International Airline Program (subject to fee, taxes, fuel surcharges).
- Travel accident insurance.
- Access to “invitation only” events for card members.
- Extended warranty on purchases (1 additional year).
- Purchase Protection: items are covered for accidental breakage or theft for90 days of purchase.
- Fraud protection guarantee.
Any thoughts, comments, or reviews of the Platinum American Express? Share your comments or reviews with our readers below.