Rapid Rewards Partners for Hotels
Southwest Airlines’ Rapid Rewards program has several hotels allowing you to earn Rapid Rewards points even when not flying. The hotel partners are Best Western, Choice Hotels, Hyatt, Marriott, Starwood, Wyndham, La Quinta, and The Venetian/The Palazzo in Las Vegas.
You can earn 600 Rapid Rewards Points per stay (not per night) with many hotel partners. 600 points is worth $10 toward a Wanna Get Away fare. In most cases, you will need to join the hotel’s own rewards or loyalty program in addition to Rapid Rewards. Depending on the hotel, you can simply request Rapid Rewards Points and provide your Rapid Rewards number at check-in, or you can set your earning preference to Rapid Rewards through the hotel’s loyalty program web site.
Points are earned per stay and not per night. A stay is defined as one or more nights at the same hotel, regardless of check-ins and check-outs. Also, keep in mind if you choose to earn Rapid Rewards points, you cannot also earn points in the hotel’s own loyalty program.
In nearly all cases, if you’re staying more than 1 night, you’re better off earning points with the hotel’s loyalty program. For instance, a Marriott stay costing $100/night earns 1,000 points worth about $10–nearly the same value as 600 Rapid Rewards points. But if you stay 2 Marriott nights, you’ll double your Marriott points ($20 fair value) but not your Rapid Rewards points because Rapid Rewards points are earned per stay, not per night.
Hotel Rapid Rewards Partners
- Best Western. Must also be a Best Western Rewards member. Set your Best Western Rewards earning preference to Partner Rewards and then select Southwest Airlines. Join here.
- Choice Hotels. Choice Hotels are Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge, Rodeway Inn, and Ascend Collection hotels. Must be a Choice Privileges member. Join here.
- Hyatt. Hyatt hotels are Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, and Hyatt Summerfield Suites.
Rapid Rewards Members can redeem 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points for 2,400 Rapid Rewards Points. Or redeem 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points for 24,000 Rapid Rewards Points and receive a bonus of 6,000 for a total of 30,000 Rapid Rewards Points.
- Marriott. Marriott-eligible hotels are Marriott, JW Marriott, EDITION, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn & Suites, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, and Marriott Vacation Club. Ritz-Carlton stays are not eligible for Rapid Rewards points. You must be a Marriott Rewards member which you can join here. You can convert your Marriott points to Rapid Rewards points as follows:
- 10,000 Marriott Rewards Points = 2,000 Rapid Rewards Points
- Bad value; the Marriott points (worth about $100) convert to about 1/3 their value ($33 toward a Wanna Get Away fare).
- 20,000 Marriott Rewards Points = 5,000 Rapid Rewards Points
- Bad value; the Marriott points ($200) convert to less than 1/2 their value ($83 in Wanna Get Away fare).
- 30,000 Marriott Rewards Points = 10,000 Rapid Rewards Points
- Bad value; the Marriott points ($300) convert to a little more than 1/2 their value ($167).
- 70,000 Marriott Rewards Points = 25,000 Rapid Rewards Points
- the Marriott points ($700) convert to less than 2/3 value ($417).
- 125,000 Marriott Rewards Points = 50,000 Rapid Rewards Points
- the Marriott points ($1,250) convert to about 2/3 value ($833).
When converting Marriott Rewards points into Rapid Rewards points, the points count as qualifying points toward earning Companion Pass status (110,000 points required).
Based on TripBadger calculations, Marriott Rewards points are worth about 1 cent each. If you spent $100 at most Marriott-affiliated hotels, you would earn 1000 points (10 Marriott Rewards points per dollar) worth about $10. If you stay multiple nights, or if the hotel costs more than $100/night, it is better to select Marriott Rewards points rather than Rapid Rewards points because you will earn points for every dollar spent, rather than a fixed amount of 600 Rapid Rewards points per stay.
- Starwood. Starwood hotels are St Regis, Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Meridien, Westin, Sheraton, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft, and Element. You must be a Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) member and choose Rapid Rewards in SPG’s Airline Direct Deposit (ADD) program. You can make this selection here.
- Wyndham. Wyndham hotels are Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Wingate, Hawthorn Suites, Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Baymont Inn & Suites, Microtel Inns & Suites, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, and Knights Inn. You must be a Wyndham Rewards member which you can join at this link. Then select Southwest Rapid Rewards as your earning preference.
You can also convert/redeem 8,000 Wyndham Rewards points for 2,400 Rapid Rewards Points. Southwest will credit these as qualifying points toward Companion Pass status.
- La Quinta. Must be a La Quinta Returns member which you can join here.
You can also redeem 6,000 Returns points for 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points.