Review of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card from American Express
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® card by American Express® is one of three cards offered by Delta. Of these, the Gold version has the lowest fee ($95), but reduced benefits in comparison to the Platinum and Reserve cards.
Gold cardholders earn 2 miles per dollar on purchases with Delta and 1 mile per dollar on everything else. Other benefits include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and discounted Delta Sky Club Access.
New Cardholders can earn 30,000 bonus miles after making $1,000 in purchases on the card in the first three months. In addition, new cardholders will earn a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase with the card within the first 3 months.
- 30,000 bonus miles after making $1,000 in purchases with the Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar on purchases with Delta and 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
- Priority boarding
- One free checked bag
- 2 miles per dollar on purchases with Delta.
- 1 mile per dollar on everything else.
- Annual: Waived for first year, $95 thereafter.
- Foreign transaction fee: None.
- Cardholder and two traveling companions can access Delta’s Sky Clubs more for a reduced fee ($29 per person).
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance.
- Roadside Assistance hotline.
- Global Assist hotline.
- Travel accident insurance.
- Extended warranty and purchase protection.
- Dispute resolution.