Review of Disney’s Premier Visa Card
The new Disney Rewards® Visa® Card is great for families with kids and anyone else who’s a kid at heart. New cardholders will receive a $100 statement credit after spending $500 within the first 3 months from account opening.
The most rewarding feature of the card is your ability to earn 2% on all purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, and most Disney locations. This card was designed with families in mind. Because gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants are likely to consume a sizable portion of most typical families’ expenditures, this card puts you in a great position to earn the most reward dollars on things you already buy. Plus, you will also earn 1% on all your other card purchases.
Once earned, you can redeem your reward dollars (called Disney Dream Reward Dollars) for Disney-related products and vacations–including Theme Park tickets, hotel stays, Disney DVDs and toys, Disney gift cards, and more. You also have the flexibility to use your rewards for airline tickets on any airline to any destination, at any time, with no blackout dates. 1 Reward dollar equals $1 in airfare. At Disney parks you will also receive 10% off at select restaurants, as well as 15% off certain tours, including backstage tours.
Finally, if you’re planning a Disney vacation, the card offers 0% APR financing for 6 months when used to book select Disney vacation packages.
Best Features of Disney’s Premier Visa Card
- A $100 statement credit after you spend $500 within the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 2% in reward dollars on card purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants and most Disney locations. Earn 1% on all your other card purchases
- Redeem toward most anything Disney (hotel stay at Disney resorts, park passes, dining at Disney restaurants, at the Disney Store)
- Purchase airlines tickets with the Card and then pay yourself back by redeeming your reward dollars for a credit on your monthly statement.
- Save 10% on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations
Earning Reward Dollars:
- 2% in reward dollars for every net dollar in purchases spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and most Disney locations.
- 1% in reward dollars on other purchases.
Using Reward Dollars:
- To redeem rewards for most everything Disney (not airfare), you need to transfer your Reward Dollars to a Disney Rewards Redemption Card. While the process is relatively straight-forward, this added step can take 2-3 weeks to receive the card. On the bright side, once you have the Redemption Card, you can transfer more Reward Dollars and keep using it.
- Once you earn 20 Disney Dream Reward Dollars, you can order a Disney Rewards Redemption Card through the Chase website, or by calling 1-800-300-8575. Once received (allow 2-3 weeks), activate your Disney Rewards Redemption Card and transfer your Disney Dream Reward Dollars to the card. Then, use it at participating Disney locations to redeem your Disney Dream Reward Dollars toward most everything Disney. You can also pick up your Rewards Redemption card at Disney parks.
- For airfare, simply purchase your airline tickets using your Disney Premier Visa Card. You can purchase your tickets on any airline, at any time with no blackout dates. Then redeem your Reward dollars for a statement credit (1 Reward dollar = $1 statement credit; $50 is the minimum redemption toward airfare).
- Reward dollars expire 5 years after they are earned.
- Annual: $49.
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%.
- Receive 10% off select Disney merchandise ($50 minimum purchase).
- Disneyland® Resort Character Meet ‘N’ Greet Photo Opportunity. The Meet ‘N” Greet is offered once daily at Disney California Adventure® Park and the Walt Disney World® Resort as well as selected times at Epcot®.
- 10% off select Disney Restaurants.
- 15% off select Disney tours, including backstage tours.