Review of the Chase® Sapphire Card
Earn Valuable Rewards With No Annual Fee
The Chase SapphireSM Card is a generous rewards card with no annual fee. New cardholders receive 10,000 bonus points for spending $500 within the first three months. 10,000 points is worth $100 toward travel or any other reward!
With the Chase Sapphire card, you will earn double points for every dollar spent on dining. You’ll also earn 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. You can also earn 1 additional point per dollar when you book your hotel or airline tickets through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards website. You can redeem your points on virtually any airline with no blackout dates. Or redeem your points for cash, hotel stays, rental cars, cruises, gift cards, and more. This card offers you tremendous flexibility to spend your points how you want and when you want because your points never expire!
For those interested in even greater rewards, see our review of the Chase Sapphire Preferred
Earn bonus points (sometimes up to 10x) by making purchases at major retailers like Apple®, Sears®, Home Depot®, and more through Ultimate Rewards.
Best Features of the Chase Sapphire Card:
- Initial bonus of 10,000 points worth $100 toward a flight, hotel, or any other reward for making $500 in purchases within 3 months.
- Earn 2 points per dollar spent on dining–from fast food to fine dining, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases.
- Earn 1 additional point per dollar when you book hotels or airfare through Ultimate Rewards and use your Chase Sapphire card.
- No blackout dates on airline travel.
- No annual fee.
- Points never expire and no limit to the number of points you can earn.
Least Attractive Features:
- Foreign transaction fee of 3% if you are a frequent traveler overseas.
- 2 points per dollar spent on dining, whether fast food of fine dining.
- 1 point per dollar on other purchases.
- Earn 1 additional point when you book airfare and hotels through Chase’s Ultimate Rewards (SM) web site.
- Earn bonus miles (sometimes up to 10x) by making purchases at over 300 major retailers through Ultimate Rewards.
- Can redeem for airline tickets, hotel stays, gift cards, cash, and more.
- No redemption fee if redeemed online.
- No annual fee.
- Foreign transaction fee: 3%
- 24/7 live customer service. Speak to a live person every time. When I activated my card, I was pleasantly surprised that a real person answered the call to assist me. With Chase Sapphire, you will always have real people to assist you.
- Access to exclusive events just for Chase Sapphire card members.
- Zero fraud liability for U.S. cards. (Zero Liability Protection does not apply to ATM transactions or to PIN transactions not processed by Visa®).
- Visa Signature Cardholder benefits, including 24/7 access to a concierge (800-953-7392), 90 days purchase protection due to theft or vandalism (up to $500/claim), the Visa Signature Hotel Collection benefits, Year-End Summary Statements, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and more.