This post may contain references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. You may read our advertising policy here.
Review of the Capital One® Venture® Card
The Capital One Venture Card is a top-rated miles card. It offers the flexibility to use your miles on any airline, offers double miles for every dollar spent, and has reasonable fees. It’s a great card for those who travel on many different airlines and want the option to travel on different airlines. Rather than being loyal to a particular airline to earn miles, now to earn the most miles, you will want to be loyal to this card! This provides you with tremendous flexibility in using your miles and you’ll never have to contend with blackout dates. There are no foreign transaction fees with this card making it a good choice for travelers who use their card frequently overseas.
This is my favorite, go-to, travel card since I know I’m always earning 2x miles. You never have to worry about whether your purchase is in the right redemption category. It always is!
The current bonus mile offer is 40,000 miles with $3,000 in spending in 3 months. This is equal to $400 in travel!
Best Features of the Capital One Venture Card:
- Double miles; 2 miles for every dollar spent. Double Miles is very rare for a low-fee card.
- Book your flight at any website, agent, or with any airline. Then, go online at capitalone.com or call the Rewards Center to use the Purchase Eraser to redeem your miles and receive an account credit for the cost of your travel.
- Low annual fee of $59; waived for first year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No blackout dates.
- 2 miles for each $1 spent.
- Simply add two zeros to price to calculate the miles needed; can redeem miles up to 90 days after the transaction.
- Can be used for flights, cruises, hotel stays, taxis, merchandise, parking fees, baggage fees, and more.
- Miles do not expire.
- Annual: Waived for first year, $59 thereafter.
- Foreign transaction fee: none.
- Visa Signature Cardholder benefits, including 24/7 access to a concierge, 90 days purchase protection due to theft or vandalism (up to $500/claim), the Visa Signature Hotel Collection benefits, Year-End Summary Statements, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, and more.
- Capital One Credit Tracker: Free unlimited access to your credit score and other tools that help you monitor your credit profile.
- Fraud coverage: $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen.